Declaration: Both the Harley Davidson Street Glide and Road Glide are from Harley touring models. These touring models support the update of the Harley-Davidson infotainment system. However, this article is all about Harley Davidson Street Glide Vs Road Glide.
It’s advisable to stick with up-to-date information if you want to know what’s new with the Harley touring 2020 Street Glide as well as 2020 Road Glide. For example, maybe you went to a road with your 2020 Street Glide but now feel for 2020 Road glide. But, of course, it can also be reversed. Or, you are in a fix with these two fantastic models but confused about which one you choose.
Although the engines, fuel system, torque, and infotainment updates are the same on these two models, there are some differences. However, Street Glide is lightweight and less price than Road Glide. But, which one is best for you?
In this article Harley Davidson Street Glide Vs. Road Glide, we will assist you in finding out the best suit.
Related Article: History of Harley Davidson
2020 Street Glide vs. 2020 Road Glide – Latest Performance Highlights
|Spec||Harley-Davidson Street Glide||Harley-Davidson Road Glide|
|Engine Capacity||Milwaukee-Eight® 107 V-Twin engine||Milwaukee-Eight® 107 V-Twin engine|
|Fuel System||Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)||Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)|
|Top Speed||105 mph||105 mph|
|Displacement||1746 cc||1746 cc|
|Torque||111 ft-lb||111 ft-lb|
|Bike Length||96.5 inches||95.7 in|
|Weight||The weight of street glide is 796 lbs||The weight of road glide is 820 lbs|
|Seat Height||26.1 inches||29.5 inches|
Related Article: how much does a harley sportster weight?
Harley RG vs. SG- Upgradation & Special Edition Option
Upgrade Option: Infotainment upgrades can be decked out with Premium Radio, California Emission, Freight, Reflex™ Defensive Rider System in total charge of $2525 for both models.
Important details for both of the unique models in the Harley Davidson special edition –
- Engine type: Milwaukee-Eight 114 V-Twin
- For both special models, 1868 cc.
- The right hand has 118 ft-lbs of torque available.
- 3,750 RPM are claimed by the Harley Davidson Street and Road Glide special.
RG and SG – Similar Features
- Braking System & Security System: Aftermarket Brembo brakes with ABS
- Cruise bike control
- Speaker: Two 5.25-inch speakers
- Bluetooth hands-free mobile phone
- Boom!™ Box 4.3 Infotainment System
- Available Boom!™ Box 4.3 GTS Infotainment Upgrade
- Voice recognition and text-to-speech
- Available SiriusXM® Presets
- Dual Daymaker® Reflector LED Headlamps
- Available H-D™ Connect
Q. What is the difference between Road Glide and Street Glide?
There are two main differences between Harley Davidson’s 2020 Street Glide and 2020 Road Glide.
- Body parts alignment
Street glide has Fork-mounted fairing, and Road Glide has frame-mounted fairing. Fork-mounted batwing fairings allow riders to turn the handlebars. At the same time, frame mounting shark-nose fairing doesn’t allow riders to turn handlebars. It is fixed.
Q. How expensive are 2020 Street Glides?
As you see, the starting MSRP of 2020 street glides is $21,999. However, if you compare it with 2020 Road Glide, you can save $300 by choosing Road Glide.
Q. What makes Street Glides so popular over Road Glides?
Street Glides gains more popularity than Road Glides. Because of performance, weight, and seat height.
- Street Glide is lighter than the Road Glide. That is why it can boost acceleration and performance.
- Street glide seat height is good for the average height riders, especially for short riders. However, tall riders can install new aftermarket seats for Street Glides.
Q. Why is Road Glide better than Street Glide?
Mostly, Road Glide is ahead of Street glide for the pricing and dual headlight.
- The price difference between Street Glide and Road Glide is $300.
- However, the headlight and taillight of Road Glide are LED lit, while the headlight of Street Glide is halogen-lit, and the tail light is led lit. LED lit’s efficiency, life cycle, and durability are better than the HID.
Harley Davidson Street Glide vs. Road Glide- Which one is better?
Deciding between the Street or Road glide will depend on your personal preferences. However, both models have exceptional and remarkable performance admired by many riders. To this end, the above comparison comes as a stepping stone to choosing your dream bike.
Despite their many similarities and differences, they have powerful engines and large fuel tank capacity, ideal for long hauls and rides. The greatest thing to do is take a test ride before settling on one that suits your desires. The Road Glide will be your best pick if you buy on a tight budget. Then, considering the popularity and styles, you can choose one Street Glide.
So, Street Glide vs. Road Glide- Which one is better? From our riding experience, Harley Davidson 2020 Street Glide is the winner for its lighter weight, excellent seat height, and style.