So, did you know that the air-fuel ratio is a significant determinant of how efficient your bike runs? Having the best tuner for Harley twin cam improves the gas mileage and durability. However, choosing the best tuner for Harley Twin Cam can remain a mirage if you don’t know what to look for.
Thus, we have prepared an easy-to-understand buyer’s guide. Also, we have handpicked a list of outstanding tuners in the market.
How to Choose the Best Tuner for Harley Twin Cam
Connectivity: Tuners are either wired or wireless using Bluetooth technology. Depending on your preferences, the tuner may have a screen display. Also, you can have the data sent to your smartphone and opt to use it as the screen.
State laws: Observing what the law restricts is critical. In some states, there are laws on emissions that restrict you from using auto tuners. Confirm with your state to ensure you stay put.
Compatibility: There are many Harley models established in different years. Just before you buy, ensure that it works with your model. It will save you some return costs.
Product Reviews: The 3 Best Tuners for Harley Twin Cam
However, here are the best tuners for your Harley that you shouldn’t ignore. The features show you what makes them a perfect choice for a perfect rider.
1. Vance & Hines Fuelpak FP3 – 66005 – Best Tuner for Harley Twin Cam
Well, this Tuner has a high customer rating due to its useable interface and ease of usage. Moreover, Vance and Hines is a reputable manufacturer of the Fuel-Pak FP3 tuner. The company claims that the tuner helps control the motorcycle aspects, including live sensor data.
- ·The tuner is super easy to install on your motorcycle.
- It enables you to pair your iPhone or Android smartphone using Bluetooth.
- The tuner recalibrates the engine parameters using flash technology.
- Features auto-tune to allow you to set specific requirements for all factory sensors.
- The live sensor displays data like speed and gear selection via smartphone.
- It is compatible with 2014-19 Harley Davidson models such as Electra Glide.
- it’s usable with custom aftermarket and stock exhaust pipes, even those without baffles.
- The tuner has excellent customer reviews meaning that users love it.
2. Billet Proof Designs- Best Fuel Management System for Harley
Vance and Hines position themselves as a run-to solution to every Harley rider with a problem. The Fuelpak FP3 has changed the fuel management of Harley motorcycles. The tuner’s features revolutionize how a rider regulates the performance of their motorcycles.
- It allows you to track wirelessly by connecting your smartphone via Bluetooth.
- This tuner re-calibrates the engine parameters using flash technology.
- Fuelpak FP3 helps map the exhaust systems and other upgrades on your motorcycle.
- It features auto-tuning that precisely meets specific motorcycle requirements.
- From the smartphone’s display, you can view live sensor data like RPM speed, among others.
- The tuner fits in Harley Models with 6 pin connectors such as 2014-2020 touring and Softail.
- It is easy to install if you have little understanding of motorcycles.
3. Dynojet- Black Power Vision- Market Best Harley Tuner
Since 1973, the Dynojet products ensure the provision of speed and reliable performance. This black power vision tuner helps monitor the performance of your motorcycle. It enables you to control the ride how you want it using tested and trustworthy technology.
- Features of 6 different tunes stored in the device, and that can flash your bike.
- It displays all the motorcycle information like air-fuel ratio and other vital data.
- The turner is weather-resistant and shock-resistant, and therefore, durable.
- It allows you to customize your tune or choose from the already pre-loaded.
- You can mount it on your ride as a live diagnostic panel and use its customizable alarms.
- Features a high contrast but easy-to-read screen for complete control when riding.
- The device has an auto-tune capability that configures and customizes your riding style.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What is the best tuner for Harley Davidson?
Vance & Hines Fuelpak tuner has an excellent customer rating and is easy to install. The tuner displays vital information and is compatible with most Harley models. It works perfectly with aftermarket exhausts.
Q. Should I retune after installing exhaust on my Harley?
No. It is not a must to retune but it keeps you on the safer side. After changing the air filter system or exhaust headers it is highly recommended.
Q. What does an auto-tuner do on a motorcycle?
An auto-tuner adjusts the air-fuel ratio for the motorcycles using fuel injection technology. It monitors the performance of a motorcycle and tunes the air-fuel ratio for an ideal mixture.
An auto-tuner has competitive benefits on the fuel management in your bike. This simple equipment gives you control over the bike’s life expectancy and powers you to save more.